incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Apache OpenOffice Extensions Website restored at SourceForge
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2012 13:00:49 GMT
On 2/25/12 1:34 AM, Roberto Galoppini wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We migrated the Extensions website over to sourceforge hardware.
> We've restored authentication with the openoffice.org accounts, make
> some module updates and updated the site to work with PHP 5.3.
>
> As of today, the Extensions website is available at this address
> located on our domain, at the following address:
>
> http://aoo-extensions.sourceforge.net.
>
> We've modified it to work under whatever domain name the community
> chooses, and we plan to keep the site up and running under the above
> domain to allow the community to provide us with feedback and to allow
> for time to get the final DNS setup in place. We will work with the
> PMCC and the Apache Infra team to point DNS to the new location as
> soon as we can.
>
> We are planning to get the Templates website up on sourceforge
> hardware one week from today.
>
> Here are some next steps to consider:
>
> 1 - Help users to switch their accounts smoothly. We can make sure
> that existing users can login using their openoffice.org password and
> automatically convert them to local users when they login, so that all
> users who logged in to the site before the Oracle shutdown will be
> preserved and will be able to see and edit their content.
>
> 2 - Help market AOO Extensions and Templates, e.g. interviewing
> creators and sharing the news via our media.
>
> 3 - Evaluate the upgrade of the Extensions/Templates website from
> Drupal 5/6 to Drupal 7, and eventually do it (long term).
>
> We are looking forward to your feedback and suggestions.

thanks for the info.

I was able to take a closer look on it in the morning. I was able to
login and noticed that my old @sun.com email is used.

I tried to change it to my Apache email but it didn't worked. It seems
that I had to use @openoffice.org email address. How can I change it? I
think we will probably switch to other email addresses.

Anybody should be able to provide an extension independent of committer
status for Apache OpenOffice. Means user accounts independent from the
the Apache accounts.

Juergen

> Roberto
> ====
> This e- mail message is intended only for the named recipient(s) above. It may contain
confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail and any attachment(s)
is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify
the sender by replying to this e-mail and delete the message and any attachment(s) from your
system. Thank you.