incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Carl Marcum <cmar...@apache.org>
Subject [DEVTOOLS] Netbeans Integration Status
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2012 03:07:18 GMT
Hi All,

I wanted to leave a note about the Netbeans plugin status.

I have made changes due to some deprecated API's not included with
Netbeans 7.X.

The install and option dialog descriptions have been updated to reflect
the Apache OpenOffice name change and that the code originated at Sun
and was licensed to Apache by Oracle. I also replaced a Sun logo with an
Apache feather on the AOO Options dialog.
I took screenshots of the dialogs so you don't have to install to see
these changes. They are with the NBM file here [1].

The plugin now builds successfully but with quite a few deprecation
warnings.

I have installed the plugin to Netbeans 7.1 with a recent AOO dev
snapshot and haven't had any issues, but I'm also busy on another
project and can't do a lot of testing right now.

There is still work to do:
License status of all libraries.
Lots of deprecation warnings on build.
All tests not successful.