incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Pedro Giffuni <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Build broken on FreeBSD.
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2012 02:16:41 GMT
Hello Maho;


On 02/26/12 20:24, Maho NAKATA wrote:
> Hi Pedro,
>
> From: Pedro Giffuni<pfg@apache.org>
> Subject: Re: Build broken on FreeBSD.
> Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2012 17:37:49 -0500
>
>> Hi Maho;
>>
>> On 02/25/12 16:35, Maho NAKATA wrote:
>>> Hi Pedro
>>>
>>>> The naming scheme is completely inappropriate for FreeBSD:
>>> I think this is right, but again, this is libtool (version numbering
>>> scheme difference between Linux and FreeBSD). Patching agianist
>>> ltmain.sh would solve that type of problem.
>> I haven't had time to investigate it but I think the problem lies in
>> those version.mk files. OpenOffice simply imposes ignores libedit
>> and the native build system and tries to impose the linux
>> numbering everywhere.
> yes. in scp2 project we speficy the version number for shared lib.
>
> quoting from scp2/source/ooo/file_library_ooo.scp for example as follows:
>
> File gid_File_Lib_Serf
>      #ifdef WNT
>          Name = SPECIAL_NAME(serf);
>      #else
>          // Looks like the major version number is part of the name, not
>          // part of the suffix.  An error?
>          #ifdef MACOSX
>              Name = STRING(CONCAT6(libserf-1,.0.,SERF_MINOR,.,SERF_MICRO,UNXSUFFIX));
>          #else
>              Name = STRING(CONCAT6(libserf-1,UNXSUFFIX,.0.,SERF_MINOR,.,SERF_MICRO));
>          #endif
>      #endif
>      PACKED_LIB_FILE_BODY;
> End
> . There are a lot of such kind of things. So we must compromise.
> if we change version number in scp2, we have to take care of all stuffs.
> if we change version number in each internal library, we usually have to
> patch ltmail.sh
Nice find, thank you.

I think I prefer the first option: the sysv/linux versioning doesn't
really fit for FreeBSD and I expect we will be using the
prepackaged version of apr and serf as soon as that option is
available.

Patching ltmain.sh is something we can probably manage for
coinmp but if we have to do the same for apr, serf, and whatever
new library IBM or someone else brings in the future I don't think
that will scale well.

Pedro.

>>> Could you please tell me which svn revision and configure line...
>> I am using your port but with Revision 1293349, but any post-neon
>> replacement should exhibit the same error.
>>
>> Pedro.
>>
>>> From: Pedro Giffuni<pfg@apache.org>
>>> Subject: Build broken on FreeBSD.
>>> Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 12:53:16 -0500
>>>
>>>> Hi;
>>>>
>>>> Just FYI
>>>> ______
>>>> ...
>>>> ... analyzing files ...
>>>> ERROR: The following files could not be found:
>>>> ERROR: File not found: libapr-1.so.0.4.5
>>>> ERROR: File not found: libaprutil-1.so.0.4.1
>>>> ERROR: File not found: libserf-1.so.0.0.0
>>>> ... cleaning the output tree ...
>>>> ... removing directory /tmp/ooopackaging/i_713701330104152 ...
>>>> ...
>>>> ___________
>>>>
>>>> The naming scheme is completely inappropriate for FreeBSD:
>>>>
>>>> ls /usr/local/lib/libapr*
>>>> /usr/local/lib/libapr-1.a        /usr/local/lib/libaprutil-1.a
>>>> /usr/local/lib/libapr-1.la       /usr/local/lib/libaprutil-1.la
>>>> /usr/local/lib/libapr-1.so       /usr/local/lib/libaprutil-1.so
>>>> /usr/local/lib/libapr-1.so.4     /usr/local/lib/libaprutil-1.so.3
>>>>
>>>> cheers,
>>>>
>>>> Pedro.
>>>>


Mime
View raw message