incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache OpenOffice Extensions Website restored at SourceForge
Date Sun, 26 Feb 2012 17:12:01 GMT
RGB ES wrote:
> OpenOffice.org user name
> Not yet migrated
> If I go to "Edit" I can see the email address I configured a long time
> ago. It is not an @openoffice.org, just a normal email.

Back in time, all accounts on the Extensions website were local, i.e.,
site-specific. Later, the (good, in itself) idea to link them to
openoffice.org accounts was implemented, and all existing accounts were
asked to perform the conversion you describe, i.e., switch to the
@openoffice.org authentication.

But if you were sloppy (or lucky, as you wish!) enough to avoid updating
your account at the time, there is no reason to update it now. Actually,
as the DNS change, very likely, broke authentication only for the users
(almost all, probably) who had migrated their account, your old account
might still work on the old website at
http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/user
too if you are patient enough to reload a few times.

> Do I need to insert the @openoffice.org address?

As I explained, the procedure you bumped in now is outdated, we were
asked to follow it in 2010 or so. You are surely right: now would be the
worst moment to "update" your account to use an openoffice.org account.

Regards,
   Andrea.