incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject [PROPOSAL] Creation of a mailing list for Italian volunteers
Date Sun, 26 Feb 2012 15:12:07 GMT
With the release approaching, I see the need for a second mailing list
in Italian: we now have ooo-it-utenti (users) and I would like to add
ooo-it-progetto (project).

I'm thus asking for creation of this new mailing list in 72 hours, and
assuming consensus if nobody objects.

The two lists are completely different in scope:
- the users list is for peer-to-peer support, announcements, generic
discussions and has been functioning correctly since December, with
traffic varying according to the topics being discussed)
- the project list is for volunteers only (not for users) and it is used
to coordinate activities, especially QA and localization; it will
produce very high traffic from now to the release time, and then
occasional traffic until we are back in a pre-release period or a
scheduled localization/QA sprint. I expect the traffic to be too high
for people on the users list, so I would prefer to use a separate list;
of course, we will inform users any time an activity (such as the
OpenOffice 3.4 localization or QA cycle) begins on the "project" lists.

Regards,
   Andrea.