incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RELEASE]: preparation for our first release
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2012 10:53:25 GMT
On 24/02/2012 J├╝rgen Schmidt wrote:
> And I would like to propose the following schedule depending on the
> progress we will make next week.
> Monday: Feb. 27th new dev snapshots
> Monday: March 5th first RC candidate (based on the progress next week)

This is (of course) great and exciting news. I would only recommend to 
avoid the temptation to be marketing-driven... let RC1 be something that 
we believe we could actually release. There's nothing bad in using the 
name "dev" or "beta" for something that is not ready yet. This is how I 
interpret the "depending on progress" above, and it would be very good 
and show respect for users.

> - translation update, we have made minimal UI changes only and we will
> use the 3.4 beta translation that were in place.

Note that https://issues.apache.org/ooo/show_bug.cgi?id=118895 is still 
not solved: it might be that the 3.4 beta translations are not 
integrated in our current dev builds, or, more likely, that language 
packs are not being built correctly. I've just set that issue as a 
release blocker.
Using the 3.4-beta translations would be OK, but we need the full set, 
not what we have now (see issue page).

We will also need to:
- Decide the URLs for all links in the suite (Extensions, Templates, 
Suite Updates, Extensions Updates...).
- Describe the 3.3 -> 3.4 migration path; it would be good to avoid the 
need to reinstall extensions, but I don't know the current state of the 
art here.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Mime
View raw message