incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject [RELEASE]: preparation for our first release
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2012 10:23:24 GMT
Hi,

we move closer forward to our first release.

I would like to suggest that we focus on the following areas next week.
And I would like to propose the following schedule depending on the
progress we will make next week.

Monday: Feb. 27th new dev snapshots
Monday: March 5th first RC candidate (based on the progress next week)

- increase QA work
- focus on stabilization, means focus on showstopper issues
- finalize the About dialog information, input for future bug reports
- online update service

- updating building guides in the wiki

- documentation update can be run in parallel and are independent of the
binary release
- translation update, we have made minimal UI changes only and we will
use the 3.4 beta translation that were in place.

Anything else that comes into your minds?

I have started to work on the MacOS building guide and have simplified
some things (work ongoing).

We need some volunteers who take a look on the other platforms.
Especially reference to the hg repo should be removed/replaced to our
svn repo. Information about childworkspaces can be removed because it is
not longer relevant for us. I would say the focus should be on
simplification.

What do others think about it?

Juergen