incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Raphael Bircher <rbircher_...@bluewin.ch>
Subject Re: Plan to deliver the GUI test Java library on the next release
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2012 08:33:04 GMT
Am 24.02.12 09:06, schrieb Jürgen Schmidt:
> On 2/24/12 8:33 AM, O.Felka wrote:
>> Am 24.02.2012 06:20, schrieb Zhe Liu:
>>> 在 2012年2月24日 上午10:37,Ma Yong Lin<mayongl@gmail.com>    写道:
>>>>
>>> We can do that, but I think it's more meaningful to cover the GUI
>>> testing for new functions in future, since the existing function has
>>> been very stable.
>> I think that it is worth the effort and very helpfull to translate the
>> old Star Basic tests to Java. We have had always regressions in the
>> existing and 'stable' functions. So we really need the old tests for
>> finding regressions in the existing functionality.
> every test if old or new working with this new automation tool is
> welcome and highly appreciated. Maybe it's easier for new develoeprs to
> work with existing tests and make them available for the new
> environment. Volunteers are always welcome.
>
> But in generaI would agree that we should focus on new tests for new
> changes. And most people would like to work on something new ;-)
No, new feature are allways good tested. Everyone focus on new futers in
manual tests, and that is good so. Automated tests should be used to
garantee basic stability. You can run it 100 times without wasting too
much human ressource. So finely we should focuse on basic functionality
at auto test.

Even you don't realy like the old TT. The Scripts are a good starting
point, because they cover a load of the basic functionality.

Greetings Raphael