incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Plan to deliver the GUI test Java library on the next release
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2012 08:06:04 GMT
On 2/24/12 8:33 AM, O.Felka wrote:
> Am 24.02.2012 06:20, schrieb Zhe Liu:
>> 在 2012年2月24日 上午10:37,Ma Yong Lin<mayongl@gmail.com>   写道:
>>> I think what was asked is if we are just get a group of star basic test cases
"translated"
>>> to java. It would be the same in terms of testing.
>>>
>> We can do that, but I think it's more meaningful to cover the GUI
>> testing for new functions in future, since the existing function has
>> been very stable.
>
> I think that it is worth the effort and very helpfull to translate the
> old Star Basic tests to Java. We have had always regressions in the
> existing and 'stable' functions. So we really need the old tests for
> finding regressions in the existing functionality.

every test if old or new working with this new automation tool is
welcome and highly appreciated. Maybe it's easier for new develoeprs to
work with existing tests and make them available for the new
environment. Volunteers are always welcome.

But in generaI would agree that we should focus on new tests for new
changes. And most people would like to work on something new ;-)

Juergen