incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [CODE] update services
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2012 16:59:46 GMT
> Hi Jürgen,
>
> On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 07:41:58PM +0100, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
>>> Unfortunately I cannot test how this is implemented because the feature
>>> depends on functionality removed in the IP clearance (libneon), and
>>> I don't have a pre-ip-clearance build to test.
>>>

>> We are working on the replacement for neon with libserf. It's the last big
>> missing feature for IP clearance. We have to reimplement the UCP and have
>> to integrate 3 libs (apr, apr-util and serf) in our buil env. It's mainly
>> Oliver and Andre who are working on this right now.
>

> As I work in Linux, I managed to do the trick with:
>
> * configure --with-system-neon will enable the WebDav content provider
> * export BUILD_SPECIAL=YES because the update component is not installed
>    without that env. var. set, vid. scp2/util/makefile.mk:
>
> .IF "$(BUILD_SPECIAL)"!=""
> SCP1FILES += \
>      module_onlineupdate.par   \
>      file_onlineupdate.par
> .ENDIF
>

> Side note: that BUILD_SPECIAL adds other stuff. It should be replaced
> with an --enable-update-service or the like.

did you have worked on this already?

>> If the update feature is based on the http/WebDAV UCP, we can probably test
>> it soon.
>
> yes, it does use WebDAV UCP, the UpdateInformationProvider sends a request
> as explained in
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Update_Notification_Protocol#Request
> see
> /mnt/build/openoffice/apache/trunk/main/extensions/source/update/feed/updatefeed.cxx
> specially the CTOR UpdateInformationProvider::UpdateInformationProvider
>
> /mnt/build/openoffice/apache/trunk/main/extensions/source/update/check/updateprotocol.cxx
> specially checkForUpdates

Now where we have the neon replacement in place we should try to bring
up a working online update service. I think it would be very useful for
our upcoming release to promote it to our users. A basic version should
be enough for now to simply inform our users.

Any volunteers to drive this forward?

Juergen