incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andre Fischer ...@a-w-f.de>
Subject Re: ENABLE_PRESENTER_EXTRA_UI is no more used?
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2012 10:49:00 GMT
Hi Maho, Eric,

On 23.02.2012 11:03, eric b wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Le 23 févr. 12 à 08:37, Maho NAKATA a écrit :
>

>> quoting from slideshow/source/engine/makefile.mk
>>
>>> .IF "$(ENABLE_PRESENTER_EXTRA_UI)"=="YES"
>>> ENABLE_PRESENTER_EXTRA_UI is not used anymore
>>> .ENDIF
>

> That's not true.

I am afraid it is.  OpenGrok shows that this flag is only evaluated in
sd/source/ui/slideshow/makefile.mk and in
slideshow/source/engine/makefile.mk and in both places you are only
warned that this flag is not supported anymore.

The flag is also mentioned in XSlideShow.idl but only in a comment.

The only think that has to be checked are references in several
localization files.  Removing the flag might lead to missing translated
strings.

>> quoting from configure.in
>>> AC_ARG_ENABLE(presenter-extra-ui,
>>> [ --enable-presenter-extra-ui enables extra functionality during
>>> slideshow,
>>> e.g. selecting pen color, erasing drawings etc.
>>> ],,enable_presenter_extra_ui=no)
>>
>> Which can be used? I don't know.
>

> It is used for Impress annotation mode feature (pen, color, eraser). The
> code was written by Ecole Centrale Nantes students, mentored by Thorsten
> Behrens and myseld, with Education Project.

Whatever code was written, it is now either gone or is not guarded by
the ENABLE_PRESENTER_EXTRA_UI flag anymore.

> We added those flags, because the feature was not well accepted (don't
> ask me why ...)
>

> OT : this is one good example of what we did with the OpenOffice.org
> Education Project, students from engineers schools : a winner - winner
> example.
>

>> Anyway cleanup is needed.

Yes, please go ahead.  Can you check the localize.sdf files in
extras/l10n that contain references to ENABLE_PRESENTER_EXTRA_UI?

> In Apache OpenOffice I don't know, but FYI, I fixed some issues and I am
> currently improving the feature in OOo4Kids and OOoLight.

For OOo4Kids and OOoLight the situation may be different.  By the way,
are there any plans to integrate OOo4Kids into Apache OpenOffice (if
that is possible at all)?

> there is now a long list of changes and bugfixes, and as very visible
> example, I fixed the uninitialized color dialog box (far better user
> experience !)
>
> I hope this answers your question.
>
> Eric

Best regards,