incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Public Query For Bugs in BugZilla
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2012 08:14:55 GMT
On 2/22/12 5:17 PM, xia zhao wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> In order to tracking the AOO 3.4 bug status in Bugzilla, I created and
> public some queries to "canconfirm" team, you may review:
> *All340Created*: For defects created against version AOO340-dev, OOO340m0,
> OOo 3.4 Beta
>
> *All340Fixed*: For fixed defects against version AOO340-dev, OOO340m0, OOo
> 3.4 Beta
>
> *All340Opening*: For defects remain opening against version AOO340-dev,
> OOO340m0, OOo 3.4 Beta
>
> *All340CriticalCreate*d: For defects with severity "critical, blocker"
> created against version AOO340-dev, OOO340m0, OOo 3.4 Beta
>
> *All340CriticalFixed:* For fixed defects with severity "critical,
> blocker" against version AOO340-dev, OOO340m0, OOo 3.4 Beta
>
> *All340CriticalOpening:* For critical and blocker defects remain opening
> against version AOO340-dev, OOO340m0, OOo 3.4 Beta
>
> Besides above queries, I also create the ones for all defects.

Thanks Lily for setting up this queries, I think they will be very helpful

> The question for me is: Now for AOO 3.4 development, which steam we are
> doing development? Only AOO340-dev? I need know it to decide against which
> version I should report bug.

For now I would suggest that we report bugs against AOO340-dev and we
should use the new introduced flag "3.4_release_blocker".

Bugs can be proposed as showstopper by setting this flag to "?" and
starting a discussion on the mailing list. Based on the discussion we
will decide if it becomes a real showstopper "+" or not "-". The release
manager in the end will decide it when we don't find consensus.

I with the hat (currently) of the release manager  will not decide
anything without listening to all of you.

In the future we should try to cleanup the bugtracker more and more. I
would remove components to simply reduce the number and make it easier
to report bugs. The "versions" should be cleaned up. Herbert mentioned
that future versions of bugzilla will allow to deprecate versions.

Sometimes I wish we could start with fresh clean bugzilla ;-)

Juergen

Juergen