incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andre Fischer ...@a-w-f.de>
Subject Re: swext contains LGPL code
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2012 08:50:10 GMT
Hi,

On 21.02.2012 16:59, Andre Fischer wrote:
> On 21.02.2012 13:57, Maho NAKATA wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> swext/source/pdfimport/xpdfwrapper/wrapper_gpl.hxx
>> swext/source/pdfimport/xpdfwrapper/wrapper_gpl.cxx
>
> Is it possible that you are looking at an older revision? I can not find
> the swext/source directory anymore.

I was made aware offline that the above just contains a simple typo.
The files

  sdext/source/pdfimport/xpdfwrapper/wrapper_gpl.hxx
  sdext/source/pdfimport/xpdfwrapper/wrapper_gpl.cxx

still exist.  Sorry for the confusion.

Regarding the license problem: The files *should* not be a problem because:

1) They have been created by SUN developers and should be covered by the
grant.

2) The are wrappers for the GPLed poppler (which is based on xpdf)
library but are only included in the build when poppler is installed on
the system.  poppler or xpdf are not part of the source or the binary
release.

So, what remains to be done is to check whether the two files are part
of the software grant.