incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andre Fischer ...@a-w-f.de>
Subject Re: Pootle Data
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2012 08:21:10 GMT
On 21.02.2012 18:18, Dave Fisher wrote:

> On Feb 21, 2012, at 8:48 AM, Andre Fischer wrote:

>>> We can upload files, but only one by one over the web UI, and we need to
>>> upload a po for each language. This may work if only one po is affected.
>>> Else it is much easier to do it over the command line.
>>>
>>> We have no command line access to translate.apache.org. This is limited
>>> to the infrastructure project, and we have no infrastructure commiter at
>>> the time. This will maybe change in future, but it takes time.
>>
>> So this is more an administrational problem than a technical one.  We may have to
do it the manual way, as you have described, at first. But I think we have to aim for an automatic
update process in the long term.

> Has Apache Infrastructure recommended the process for Pootle? Is there a reference guide
to the new Pootle server at translate.apache.org? Probably the best place to discuss the technical
process is on the Infra MLs or IRC. AFAIK Gavin was the one who setup this server.

Dave, you are absolutely right.  I should have written "assumed
administrational problem".  You have written in an earlier mail that the
upload process (among others) has to be negotiated with INFRA.  I did
not forget that, I am just working on another issue right now (helping
Oliver with the neon replacement).  After that I will, hopefully, focus
my attention on pootle and localization.

I am quite confident that AOO and INFRA will work out something that
will work for both.

-Andre