incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Rist <andrew.r...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: [Security] Spam to Old OOo L10n Mailing Lists
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2012 05:11:00 GMT
On 2/21/2012 5:20 PM, Rob Weir wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 6:49 PM, imacat<imacat@mail.imacat.idv.tw>  wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>
>>     I got a phishing spam to "announce@zh.openoffice.org" that appears
>> to be from "support@zh.openoffice.org".  I cannot manage or change the
>> setting of "announce@zh.openoffice.org" now.  The old l10n lists have
>> become a security hole.  Is there anyway we can do on this?  Can we
>> close these lists ASAP?
>>
> Shutting down the lists from the Apache side (via DNS) has been
> delayed.  We have no easy way to distinguish list traffic from
> openoffice.org email forwarding traffic.   And we cannot shutdown the
> email forwarder until we have the extensions and templates site's
> authentication system working again.
>
> However.... maybe it is possible to address this now from the Oracle
> side?  These lists are on Oracle systems, presumably under Project
> Kenai. Maybe we can disable the lists -- either selectively or
> entirely -- on a faster time table?
>
> Andrew, what do you think?  Is this something that could be done?
Unfortunately this is an all or nothing proposition.  When the next set
of stuff on the Oracle side is turned off, everything, including MLs and
email forwarding will go dark.  I will have access to the
machines/backups, in case there is some content that we need to recover,
but other than that they will be no longer accessible.

I will propose shutdown of the Oracle hosted resources in a separate thread.

Andrew