incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Raphael Bircher <r.birc...@gmx.ch>
Subject Re: Pootle Data
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2012 19:03:59 GMT
Am 21.02.12 17:48, schrieb Andre Fischer:

> On 21.02.2012 10:32, Raphael Bircher wrote:

>>> Can you explain why?
>> We can upload files, but only one by one over the web UI, and we need to
>> upload a po for each language. This may work if only one po is affected.
>> Else it is much easier to do it over the command line.
>>
>> We have no command line access to translate.apache.org. This is limited
>> to the infrastructure project, and we have no infrastructure commiter at
>> the time. This will maybe change in future, but it takes time.
>
> So this is more an administrational problem than a technical one.  We
> may have to do it the manual way, as you have described, at first.
It's not possible to do the work only over the web frontend. I can't see
any possibility to add a directory over the web UI. Today I recognize
that the directories for the Apache OpenOffice project are inside
Pootle, but the po files are missing. We can add the po files manualy,
but this is realy stupid work. There are so many po files, you will
going crazy by uploading all by hand.

So I realy prefer to do this per command line. I will talk this night
with Galvin, if he has time, to find out how to do this. We comming
closer to our goal, but we are not there atm.
> But I think we have to aim for an automatic update process in the long
> term.
That's a good Idea. If we findout how exactly the command line import
and export works, we can automate all. we can save a load of time with this.

Greetings Raphael