incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Start compleetly new with http://de.openoffice.org
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2012 15:57:26 GMT
On 2/21/12 3:09 PM, Raphael Bircher wrote:
> Hi at all
>
> the Germanophone page http://de.openoffice.org looks ugly and is
> compleetly outdate. There is also a load of material who does not fit
> for Apache Server. The site is heighly visited, and provide not a good
> impression right now. I see more work if we rework this page as if we
> start from zero. I beleve that less is more, and so I like to start with
> a simple page with information about:
>
> - The Apache OpenOffice (incubator) project
> - The upcomming Apache OpenOffice
> - and how to help.
>
> What do you think about... better options?

My opinion is that we move relevant content into a "de" specific area in
the wiki and simply translate the English version in to German. Nothing
else, keep it simple and all localized pages equal. Regional project
specific things would I move into the wiki and we can have an entry link
from the web page into the wiki.

I think I have proposed such an approach before already.

Juergen