incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Raphael Bircher <rbircher_...@bluewin.ch>
Subject Re: Pootle Data
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2012 09:32:45 GMT
Am 21.02.12 09:55, schrieb Andre Fischer:
> On 20.02.2012 13:38, Raphael Bircher wrote:
>> Am 09.02.12 17:04, schrieb Andre Fischer:
>>> Hi Dave,

>>> I don't know if we are ready for this yet. First we have to make sure
>>> which data set to use.
>>>
>>> But you are right, eventually we have to think about how to upload
>>> data to the pootle server. And when. I mean, once we after the initial
>>> upload of the whole data set, how do we handle new strings introduced
>>> by eg new UI elements. One option would be to have the build server
>>> perform an additional step: determine the new strings and upload them.
>>> Would that technically be possible, or do we have to manually open an
>>> INFRA issue for each upload?
>> I think we have to fill a issue for each upload.
>
> Can you explain why?
We can upload files, but only one by one over the web UI, and we need to
upload a po for each language. This may work if only one po is affected.
Else it is much easier to do it over the command line.

We have no command line access to translate.apache.org. This is limited
to the infrastructure project, and we have no infrastructure commiter at
the time. This will maybe change in future, but it takes time.

Greetings Raphael