incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Raphael Bircher <rbircher_...@bluewin.ch>
Subject Re: Pootle Data
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2012 12:38:13 GMT
Am 09.02.12 17:04, schrieb Andre Fischer:
> Hi Dave,
>
> On 09.02.2012 16:45, Dave Fisher wrote:
>> Hi Andre,

>>> That sounds great.  Please have a look at
>>>
>>> http://people.apache.org/~af/index.html
>>
>> It would be a good idea to add an INFRA issue to JIRA to track
>
> I don't know if we are ready for this yet.  First we have to make sure
> which data set to use.
>
> But you are right, eventually we have to think about how to upload
> data to the pootle server.  And when. I mean, once we after the
> initial upload of the whole data set, how do we handle new strings
> introduced by eg new UI elements.  One option would be to have the
> build server perform an additional step: determine the new strings and
> upload them.
> Would that technically be possible, or do we have to manually open an
> INFRA issue for each upload?
I think we have to fill a issue for each upload.

Over the weekend I prepared a VM for Virtual Box with a Pootle Server.
It's a Ubuntu 10.04 LTS Server Version. I also installed Ubuntu Desktop
on it. I uploaded the .vdi to my server
ftp://bircher2.nine.ch/AOO/pootle.vdi

User: pootle
Password: pootle123 (wich is also the root password)
Home of Pootle: /home/pootle/translation-toolkit-1.9.0/Pootle-2.1.6/

mysql password for root: pootle1234

Unfortunaly I fail to run the pootle server over the apache webserver.
You can start Pootle if you go to the "Home of Pootle", and then start
the PootleServer. You will be able to access Pootle over
http://localhost:8080/

But I will document it on the wiki

Greetings Raphael