incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [BUILD]: AOO source release
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2012 16:06:07 GMT
On 2/17/12 4:39 PM, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have investigated in a script to create our source release packages.
> As I have mentioned in an earlier email I've tried native tools as well
> as an ant script. The time difference wasn't huge and I moved forward
> with the ant approach.
>
> I have checked in a new file main/solenv/bin/srcrelease.xml and have
> added a new target "aoo_srcrelease" in instsetoo_native/util/makefile.mk.
>
> This new target will create 3 file in
> instsetoo_native/<output_dir>/AOO_SRC_Release
>
> For example:
> main/instsetoo_native/unxmacxi.pro/AOO_SRC_Release/aoo-3.4-src.zip
> main/instsetoo_native/unxmacxi.pro/AOO_SRC_Release/aoo-3.4-src.tar.gz
> main/instsetoo_native/unxmacxi.pro/AOO_SRC_Release/aoo-3.4-src.tar.bz2
>
> I have also played with signing and have created a new key to sign the
> files etc. I have uploaded a first set of files for testing if you are
> interested. You can find everything under
> http://people.apache.org/~jsc/developer-snapshots/src_releases/srcrelease.html
>

> Feel free to test it and give me feedback or add files to the exclude
> list that are specific to other platforms. I have tested on MacOS so far.

More work to do towards a release

- create src release specific README file (on my list for next week)

- update build guides in the wiki -> help is very appreciated here, I
will start with MacOS

- finish the integration of the NOTICE file in the binary releases. It's
more or less done and I have to test it on more platforms

In general I think we make good progress and can focus on more bugfixing
now or QA to find potenially new serioous problems.

Juergen