incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Proposal for AOO test tool
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2012 08:14:10 GMT
On 2/17/12 6:28 AM, Ji Yan wrote:
>      Thanks for all of your response. I like your brilliant idea, but from
> QA point of view, I'm afraid it couldn't help our work.
>      A formal tester should follow test case to do test, once test is done,
> tester fills result in a document, we called it as execution record. QA
> lead will generate test report regularly based on the execution records,
> and QA manager or PM and others will know the test status. From this
> procedure we can tell test case is base element of test, and we need to
> generate test report based on execution record.
>      If we use bugzilla to record test case, where could we put result into?
> If we put test case to wiki page, where could we put result into? another
> wiki page? while, how could we generate test report? I don't think bugzilla
> and wiki page are right approach.
>      So, a powerful test management tool will help us on managing  test
> case, test execution and work procedure. So I strongly recommend using test
> tool to manage our QA work.
>
>       Here I bring another question, if I want to install the tool into web
> server, how to do that? Who will help me on this?

I would recommend that you setup a VM with such a system and maybe make
this VM available for some initial testing and further discussion.

The infra structure has limited resources and introducing new tools
requires a little bit more work. So before we contact the infra
structure team ask them for support and present them a plan how we would
like to help to maintain such a new tool (maintenance, security fixes,
etc.) we should be sure that we will use this tool.

Juergen