incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Herbert Duerr <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [BUILD] oracle.dic name change
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2012 19:54:03 GMT
On 16.02.2012 18:41, Andrew Rist wrote:
> I am getting build failures on Windows and Linux where building extras
> [...]
> I believe this error is due to the name change of that file from
> oracle.dic to corporate.dic (the error happens when the oracle.dic is
> not removed from the source tree)

The "delzip" file next to it didn't get a new timestamp in the
repository as the svn client noticed that its content had not changed.
When delzip is newer than the related zip archive it is recreated from
scratch. If it is older it is updated and since the old build contained
a reference to deleted file and that caused the trouble.

I now forced a new timestamp for that delzip by changing and committing
it. I don't like that delzip magic and we should get rid of it: When any
of the content files in a zip archive gets changed then rezipping the
whole archive is not too expensive on a GHz-CPU, so doing just that and
removing the delzip files will eliminate a source of confusion.

> I have clobbered the build directory and restarted the win build - I
> believe this will produce a clean build.

That will work too as the problematic zip file will be fully rebuilt.

Herbert