incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Rist <andrew.r...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: build break on comphelper module with error message "No target registered" on Windows cygwin
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2012 18:18:16 GMT

On 2/13/2012 7:38 AM, zhangjf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just updated the latest 3.4 code base and try to make a clean build.
>   With the same piece of source code, it get successful on Mac
> platform.  While on Windows under cygwin environment, when compiling
> comphelper module, it always complains
> "..../comphelper//Module_comphelper.mk:26: *** No target registered
> while reading /cygdrive/f/aoo34/comphelper/Library_comphelp.mk!.
> Stop."
>
> Is there any one can give some idea on how to determine this problem?
> I failed to understand what's wrong it is getting.
It is important to use make version 3.8.1 inside cygwin.  If you just
select make it will give you 3.8.2 and it will not work.
Inside cygwin setup you can select between these two versions.  I think
this might be your problem.
Also, do make sure you use cygwin to check out the files.  Otherwise,
the files will have windows style line endings, and the compile will break.

A.