incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Proposal for AOO test tool
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2012 13:54:00 GMT
Raphael Bircher wrote:
> For my point of view you
> can't reflect the quality of AOO in such a tool. Because you can't cover
> the functionality of Apache OpenOffice with manual tests.

This is true, but manual testing is still a good way to engage
volunteers and it provided valuable feedback in many occasions.

It would definitely be good if Oracle provided the TCM testcases, even
in plain text format: I can't see any benefits for them in keeping
testcases in a closed environment, and on the other side they would
allow to quickly bootstrap the OpenOffice QA process.

Regards,
   Andrea.