incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: BSDCan (was Re: OpenOffice.org meetup in Holland)
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2012 09:01:10 GMT
On 2/11/12 6:34 PM, Pedro Giffuni wrote:
> +1
>
> I proposed a talk about AOO for the next BSDCan:
>
> http://www.bsdcan.org/2012/

I have proposed a paper for the LinuxTag in Berlin in May. It's under
review and not yet accepted.

Short abstract
"OpenOffice is the leading open source office productivity suite and
2011 was a challenging year for the OpenOffice project. The main sponsor
Oracle announced to stop their investment in the project and they
granted the source code and the trademarks to the Apache Software
Foundation (ASF). The presentation is intended to inform about the
current status, the future and to clarify many wrong and misleading
communication around the project."

Future plans will be based on discussions here on the list and the
proposed 4.0 features etc.

Juergen