incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andre Fischer ...@a-w-f.de>
Subject Re: Where is Localization/Translation Now?
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2012 08:37:18 GMT
On 10.02.2012 19:30, imacat wrote:
> On 2012/02/09 17:56, Andre Fischer said:
>> On 08.02.2012 18:34, imacat wrote:
>> Yes there is something you can do.
>> I just preprocessed the pootle data little so that you and others have
>> better access to the data of a single language (now you have to download
>> only a couple of MB instead of 1.3GB).  At
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~af/index.html
>>
>> you can find a list with pointers to the pootle data and the l10n
>> module.  Maybe you can look at the data sets for traditional chinese and
>> tell me which one is more recent and if that one already contains the
>> most up-to-date translation.
>
>      For zh-TW, the pootle (left) version is more recent.  That is the
> work our local community has done for the supposely 3.4.

Great.  So not all is lost.  Although that means that we will have to
integrate the pootle data and extras/l10n/: several languages are only
present in l10n/.

>      Does this help?  Is there anything I can do to further help this?
> Our local community does concern about this.

Yes, it helps a lot.  Once the pootle server is up (by which I mean that
we, the AOO community, has decided on the data to upload to the Apache
pootle server) you can help by doing translations.

If you happen to know anything about the technical aspects of the
localization process then you may have a look at
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Localization_for_developers
and fix or extend it.

Thanks for you work,
Andre