incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Proposal for use of funds collected by SPI
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2012 02:10:56 GMT
On 02/12/12 10:55, Wolf Halton wrote:
> I am excited about getting the developers together!
> Where are the largest number of developers located? How hard would it
> be to find a place where the largest number with the least money for
> travel could get there with the least hassle?
>
> Wolf

It depends on who's cost you want to optimize: I suspect the
two biggest groups of developers are in Germany and China.

I don't think we should spend donated money in corporate hats
but it's important that they can go too, so perhaps somewhere
in Europe.

I was thinking in ApacheCon because there are some interesting
codebases that we use (Lucene, Tomcat, Apache commons) and
it would be good to have some contact with those communites.

Any hint where the next ApacheCon Europe will be?

Pedro.