incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From imacat <ima...@mail.imacat.idv.tw>
Subject Re: Where is Localization/Translation Now?
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2012 18:50:25 GMT
On 2012/02/10 06:50, Rob Weir said:
> But within a project, it is more like horizontal organization,
> consensus based.   The community agrees that it wants consistency in
> terminology in the UI translations.  Someone volunteers to define a
> basic terminology, the community adopts it as a "coding standard" and
> agrees to treat deviations like a bug.  Someone might volunteer to
> review these items and fix errors and general facilitate consistency
> in the translations.

    That sounds great!  In the meanwhile I need to make sure the work of
our local community for 3.4 in last April will not go in vain.

    After 3.4, we'll see what we can do.  Our local community is not
used to the English web interface.  That might be a consideration when
we think of the localization framework.

--
Best regards,
imacat ^_*' <imacat@mail.imacat.idv.tw>