incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: os/2 startup crash on extension sync
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2012 19:03:24 GMT
On 02/09/12 13:21, Yuri Dario wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I built the whole ooo code, but I'm unable to get it to start. The
> startup splash screen is showed and I reach about 40% with
>
> 	'synchronizing repositories for shared extensions'
>
> and then it crashes. The function stack shows
>
> 	dp_manager::ExtensionManager::synchronize
> 	dp_misc::syncRepositories
> 	desktop::Desktop::SynchronizeExtensionsRepositories
>
> it stops because a uno::RuntimeException is catched at line 1399.
>
> The only big difference compared to OOo 3.2 (I skipped 3.3) is that
> now I'm not usint STLPORT.
>
> Any ideas?

I don't know about the crash but disabling STLport is a bad idea.

I tried that on FreeBSD and we had linking problems as it is used
somewhere (vcl I think). I think the LO guys replaced some of it with
Boost but they still have to carry stlport for some extensions.

The distfiles issue is a mess: we currently use 4.0 for Solaris, and two
different versions of 4.5 for other platforms/windows: I am planning
to update STLport to version 5.1.7 (which works well on all platforms)
after 3.4 is released.

Pedro.