incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Bauer <f...@akerbeltz.org>
Subject Re: Where is Localization/Translation Now?
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2012 11:41:05 GMT
> OpenOffice is not owned by Sun/Oracle anymore. At Apache you lead by
> doing (or is that something that Yoda said?) The answer to you
> question is: I don't know, but probably not.
>
> Regards, Andre

While I appreciate the sentiment, that's a recipe for disaster in a
localization process. In the best case, you'll get some well meaning
person who messes up the translations unintentionally, in the worst
case, you get a troll who deliberately causes you hours of work backing
out stuff or asking someone to back out stuff.

Michael