incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andre Fischer ...@a-w-f.de>
Subject Re: Where is Localization/Translation Now?
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2012 09:56:16 GMT
Hello,

On 08.02.2012 18:34, imacat wrote:
> Dear all,
>
>      Hi.  As the OOo Traditional Chinese translation Lead, I would like
> to ask whether we have a place for translation now?  Or is it still some
> work in progress?

This is a work in progress.  The pootle server crashed and we are
currently trying to puzzle the pieces back together.  Any help is welcome.

>      I asked this because I did not see the translation our local
> Traditional Chinese team made for 3.4 last year.  Is there anything I
> need to do to help it?

Yes there is something you can do.
I just preprocessed the pootle data little so that you and others have
better access to the data of a single language (now you have to download
only a couple of MB instead of 1.3GB).  At

http://people.apache.org/~af/index.html

you can find a list with pointers to the pootle data and the l10n
module.  Maybe you can look at the data sets for traditional chinese and
tell me which one is more recent and if that one already contains the
most up-to-date translation.

>      Also, could this page be updated?  The latest Traditional Chinese
> (zh-TW) translation lead is I (imacat<imacat@mail.imacat.idv.tw>), not
> Horng Victor anymore.

What page are referring to?  The localization page on the wiki (the one
for translators, not the one for developers) is outdated.

>      Will the previous translation lead of OOo still be the lead of AOO?

OpenOffice is not owned by Sun/Oracle anymore.  At Apache you lead by
doing (or is that something that Yoda said?)
The answer to you question is: I don't know, but probably not.

Regards,
Andre