incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Where is Localization/Translation Now?
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2012 07:38:44 GMT
Hi imacat,

(may I can ask you for your real name)

On 2/8/12 6:34 PM, imacat wrote:
> Dear all,
>
>      Hi.  As the OOo Traditional Chinese translation Lead, I would like
> to ask whether we have a place for translation now?  Or is it still some
> work in progress?

work is ongoing here, we had first problems with restoring the pootle
data and second we had to understand how the whole process works.

>      I asked this because I did not see the translation our local
> Traditional Chinese team made for 3.4 last year.  Is there anything I
> need to do to help it?

Once the data is imported in the new pootle server at Apache you can
review the available translation. It will be good to know for sure if
the data we have now is the latest one.

>      Also, could this page be updated?  The latest Traditional Chinese
> (zh-TW) translation lead is I (imacat<imacat@mail.imacat.idv.tw>), not
> Horng Victor anymore.

At Apache we don't have the same structure as before, means we don't
have formal project leads. But we have people who taking ownership for
specific tasks and drive these things forward.

You can say at Apache you lead by doing ;-) I think the translation work
will benefit in the future as well from somebody who will take a
coordinating role to manage the translation.

The project will benefit from more people taking ownership for specific
tasks and it's great to having you on board.

Regards

Juergen