incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Rist <andrew.r...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Fwd: buildbot success in ASF Buildbot on aoo-win7
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2012 17:48:57 GMT
It is true, we now have a Windows buildbot.  The results of the latest
run are posted - here are the relevant links:

  * buildbot output - http://ci.apache.org/builders/aoo-win7/builds/35
  * html log page -
    http://ci.apache.org/projects/openoffice/buildlogs/win/log/wntmsci12.pro.build.html
  * windows install bits -
    http://ci.apache.org/projects/openoffice/install/win/

This would be an opportune time to review the build settings.  Here is
what the bb is running - comments and changes requested...

    svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/trunk build

    svnversion build

    wget -O external/unowinreg/unowinreg.dll
    http://tools.openoffice.org/unowinreg_prebuild/680/unowinreg.dl

    cp -rfv ../../main_xtra/* .

    vcvarsall.bat ; autoconf

    vcvarsall.bat ; ./configure --enable-verbose
    --with-dmake-url="http://dmake.apache-extras.org.codespot.com/files/dmake-4.12.tar.bz2"
    --with-cl-home="/cygdrive/c/Progra~1/Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0/VC"
    --with-jdk-home="/cygdrive/c/PROGRA~1/Java/jdk1.6.0_30"
    --with-psdk-home="/cygdrive/c/PROGRA~1/Microsoft SDKs/Windows/v6.1"
    --with-directx-home="C:\PROGRA~1\Microsoft DirectX SDK (June 2010)"
    --with-ant-home="/cygdrive/c/ant" --disable-build-mozilla
    --with-mozilla-build="/cygdrive/c/mozilla-build" --without-junit
    --disable-atl --disable-activex --disable-odk  --enable-category-b
    --enable-minimizer --enable-presenter-console
    --enable-wiki-publisher --with-build-version=Rev.%got_revision

    vcvarsall.bat ; ./bootstrap

    vcvarsall.bat ; source winenv.Set.sh ; cd instsetoo_native ; perl
    $SOLARENV/bin/build.pl --all --html -P2 -- -P2

    (then collect logs and install bits)

Also, here are some notes on the setting up of the buildbot:

  * make 3.8.1 - the default version of make in cygwin (3.8.2) will
    cause problems
  * svn must be run from inside cygwin - this results in xnix style
    linefeeds, a native svn co on windows will result in CRLF and break
    the build
  * I am unclear about where we stand on the Mozilla stuff - I was
    assuming this was torn out , but I seemed to have to have the tools
    for building Mozilla in order to get the build to work
  * I am very interested in peoples reaction to the options and how that
    should change:
    --disable-build-mozilla
    --with-mozilla-build="/cygdrive/c/mozilla-build"
    --without-junit
    --disable-atl
    --disable-activex
    --disable-odk
    --enable-category-b
    --enable-minimizer
    --enable-presenter-console
    --enable-wiki-publisher
  * Should we be disabling binfilter?

That's all for now - very interested in feedback

A.