incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andre Fischer ...@a-w-f.de>
Subject Re: Pootle Data
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2012 16:49:31 GMT
On 08.02.2012 17:31, Stuart Swales wrote:
> On 07/02/2012 14:02, Andre Fischer wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I recently had a little time to look at the pootle data. Here is what I
>> have found out so far. Please keep in mind that this is new for me and
>> that my interpretations may be wrong.
>>
>> For context I will start with a short description of the directory
>> structure of the 80 GB of the backup disk:
>>
>> In the top-level podirectory/ there is a sub-directory openoffice_org/
>> that probably is the translation data of OpenOffice.org. It contains
>> sub-directories for most languages (more on the exact set below.)
>> The content of podirectory is available at [1].
>>
>> Below the top-level backup/ there are two directories DEV_m103/ and
>> DEV_94/ for two milestones. Below these you can find directories like
>> backconvert-110326/ that probably contain backups for certain dates
>> (March 26 2011 in this example. The most recent is
>> DEV_m103/backconvert-110401 from April 1st of last year.
>>
>> After comparing time stamps I now think that we can disregard the whole
>> backup/ directory. There are .po files under podirectory/ that are from
>> later then April 1st. Some files are from May.
>>
>> I then tried to find out whether the pootle data are older or newer than
>> the data in the extras/l10n module in our SVN repository. The timestamps
>> in the .sdf files are useless, our tools set them all to 2002-02-02. The
>> file time stamps can not be used directly because of the differing
>> directory structures.
>>
>> Comparing the set of lanuages of the pootle server and that in
>> extras/l10n/ was also inconclusive:
>> The set of languages that are present in both data sets is
>> af ar as ast bg bn bo bs ca cs cy da dz es et fa fr fur ga gd gl gu he
>> hi hu id is it ja jbo ka kab kn ko ku lt lv ml mr my nb nl nn nr nso ny
>> oc om or pap pl ps pt ru sc si sk so sq ss st sv ta te th tn tr ts ug
>> uk uz ve vi xh zu
>>
>> Languages only in extras/l10n/ are:
>> be-BY br brx de dgo el eo eu fi hr kid kk km kok ks ky mai mk mn mni ne
>> pa-IN ro rw sa-IN sat sd sh sl sr sw-TZ tg
>>
>> Languages only on the pootle server are:
>> pyg son tk tlh
>>
>> See [2] for a list of language ids. (tlh for example is klingon)
>>

>> So, we probably have to merge both data sets and hope for the best.
>> Any information from people who know the localization process better is
>> welcome.
>>

>> Regards,
>> Andre
>>

>> [1] http://people.apache.org/~af/index.html
>> [2] http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-2/php/code_list.php
>

> And what has happened to en-GB and en-ZA ?

Ah, at least one person who reads my mails :-)

I forgot to add the following languages as being present in both locations:
     ca-XV en-GB en-ZA pt-BR zh-CN zh-TW

Reason: These six language ids are written slightly differently on the
pootle server (with a '_' (underline) in the middle) and in l10n/ (with
a '-' (dash)).  I sorted them differently and then forgot about them. Sorry.

-Andre