incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [RELEASE]: source release script
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2012 11:29:22 GMT
Hi,

I forgot yesterday to follow up on this a little bit.

I did some further tests and have figured out that ant doesn't do a bad
job here.

I added targets for creating a zip, tar.gz and tar.bz2 and tested them
independently. I did the same test native with zip and tar (on a MacOS
system of course) on a directory aoo3.4 containing the relevant files
(unzipped the ant created zip file ;-))

Time native:
aoo-3.4.zip -> 2min 5sec
aoo-3.4.tar.gz -> 4min 17sec
aoo-3.4.tar.bz2 -> 9min 20sec

Time with ant:
aoo-3.4.zip -> 2min 46sec
aoo-3.4.tar.gz -> ~4min
aoo-3.4.tar.bz2 -> ~10min

All 3 output files together with ant takes 14min 28sec

The ant script creates one tar and used it for both zip files.

Probably the time will be varying on the different platforms but the
difference is not huge and I will continue with the ant approach. I have
to do a little bit more minor things.

File sizes by the way are:
aoo-3.4.zip -> ~382 MB
aoo-3.4.tar.gz -> ~330MB
aoo-3.4.tar.bz2 -> ~260MB

I can probably add some signing targets to automate some more things...
I have to read the docu for managing releases again.

Juergen

On 2/7/12 9:34 AM, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
> On 2/6/12 7:22 PM, Rob Weir wrote:
>> 2012/2/6 Jürgen Schmidt<jogischmidt@googlemail.com>:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am currently work on a script to package a source release zip, tar.gz
>>> file.
>>>
>>> The idea is to do it later as part of our build bot builds and without
>>> copying files into a tmp directory or so to reflect the final directory
>>> structure.
>>>
>>> At the moment I am playing with an ant script that allows me to zip the
>>> necessary directories with an exclude list and to prefix everything
>>> with a
>>> configurable directory name (e.g aoo-3.4). And it allows me to copy some
>>> files like the main/NOTICE file into the new root directory.
>>>

>> Is this able to ignore all the hidden .svn folders?
> yes
>

>>> The structure can look like
>>>
>>> aoo-3.4/NOTICE
>>> aoo-3.4/README