incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject [RELEASE]: source release script
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2012 16:40:44 GMT
Hi,

I am currently work on a script to package a source release zip, tar.gz
file.

The idea is to do it later as part of our build bot builds and without
copying files into a tmp directory or so to reflect the final directory
structure.

At the moment I am playing with an ant script that allows me to zip the
necessary directories with an exclude list and to prefix everything with
a configurable directory name (e.g aoo-3.4). And it allows me to copy
some files like the main/NOTICE file into the new root directory.

The structure can look like

aoo-3.4/NOTICE
aoo-3.4/README
aoo-3.4/LICNESE
aoo-3.4/...
aoo-3.4/main/...
aoo-3.4/extras/...
aoo-3.4/ext_libraries/...

The nice thing with ant is that I can easy convert a generated zip file
into a tar.gz file. But ok that takes some time where as creating the
zip file was quite fast.

Does anybody has a better idea how to do that without copying all the
files in a final directory structure or checking out the files into a
target directory for example aoo3.4.

Juergen