incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Regina Henschel <rb.hensc...@t-online.de>
Subject Conventions in help files
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2012 15:50:38 GMT
Hi all,

I'm going to add help texts for the new line caps and for corner style.
I found that the extended help tips have to go into
helpcontent2\source\text\shared\01\05200100.xhp.

Inside that file the nodes get id-values. The first part is 'bm_id' or
'hd_id' or 'par_id' according to the kind of node. That is followed by a
number. Does a convention exists, how to build that number?

The attribute l10n had been used for the change from OOo1 to OOo2 but no
longer. What value is used for content, that has not exist in OOo1?
Should it be l10n="" (which means empty) or l10n="NEW"? The attribute is
required.

I see bookmark nodes with identical branch attribute, for example
branch="hid/.uno:LineWidth" but different id-values. That makes no sense
to me, because the hid has to be a unique target in the help files.
Reason for the duplicate nodes?

There are some remarks needed, which go beyond an extended help tip.
Where should I add them, to one of the 'guide'-files or make a new one.
Or exists plans to drop such information from help totally and only use
a Wiki for more detailed help?

Kind regards
Regina