incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andre Fischer ...@a-w-f.de>
Subject Localization
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2012 15:23:24 GMT
Hi all,

I am currently looking into the localization (also known as l10n)
process.  After some days of digging into it and banging my head against
the wall, I have set up a new wiki page ([1]) with what I have found out
so far.

It is intended for developers not for translators.  For the later there
exist already some pages ([2], [3]).

At the moment some parts of the page are more a brain dump than readable
text.  The matter is amazingly complex, convoluted and hidden.  Only a
part of it is part of the build process.  There are many manual steps
that use scripts that are lost since the old pootle server crashed.

Therefore any help to fill in the gaps and missing pieces is welcome.

Regards,
Andre

[1] http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Localization_for_developers
[2] http://www.openoffice.org/l10n/