incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Effenberger <flo...@documentfoundation.org>
Subject Re: Abofallen URLs for OOo
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2012 16:53:04 GMT
Hi,

Louis Suárez-Potts wrote on 2012-02-02 17:22:
> Sigh. Well, would you at TDF be interested in collaborating on regular
> (or not) updates to that list? Again, I believe having such a list
> mutually benefits us.

I think that all free software projects should inform about the risks of
download fraud (since we're all affected), and everyone can cooperate on
that. GIMP, Inkscape and others are affected like we are.

However, I guess that when it comes to trademark issues that can legally
infuence a mark's existence, and collecting private data of people
complaining about fraud, this should be first handled in the respective
project's trademark teams. Otherwise I think it would be legally too risky.

What cannot hurt, of course, is from time to time to exchange solely the
links of the most fraudulent sites, to check if we see a pattern. If
that could be organized on a wider scale, including many projects, that
sure would benefit everyone.

Florian

Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108