incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject Re: Fake OpenOffice site?
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2012 01:09:08 GMT
No, that website and any related websites are not affiliated with the
Apache Software Foundation, the Apache OpenOffice podling, nor with the
OpenOffice.org software product.

We strongly recommend that you do not do business with the owners of
that website.

Past releases of OpenOffice.org software products are available at:

   http://www.openoffice.org/download/other.html

Note that while OpenOffice.org the product does not have any future
release plans, this Apache OpenOffice project plans to use most of the
code from that product to create a great new - and always free - office
productivity suite.  You can learn more about this podling's plans for
the future Apache OpenOffice product here on their blog:

   http://blogs.apache.org/ooo/

Reminder: if the domain name does not end in "apache.org" or
"openoffice.org", then the domain you're looking at is almost certainly
not affiliated with the ASF or this podling, nor with OpenOffice.org.

Note also that Apache projects are *always* offered for free download.
If you ever see an Apache (or OpenOffice.org) product offered with
strings attached, or where payment is required, please consider coming
to an apache.org website to get a free copy.  There are companies that
sell support contracts related to Apache software products, or training,
or the like - but you should never have to pay to download and install
an Apache software product.

Thanks for the tip.  It's likely we'll be contacting that domain owner
to complain about their confusing links using our logos and products.

- Shane Curcuru
   VP, Brand Management