incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [CODE] update services
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2012 23:53:40 GMT

>>> Notification_Protocol#Request<http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Update_Notification_Protocol#Request>
>>> see
>>> /mnt/build/openoffice/apache/**trunk/main/extensions/source/**
>>> update/feed/updatefeed.cxx
>>> specially the CTOR UpdateInformationProvider::**UpdateInformationProvider
>>>
>>> /mnt/build/openoffice/apache/**trunk/main/extensions/source/**
>>> update/check/updateprotocol.**cxx
>>> specially checkForUpdates
>>>

>> Now where we have the neon replacement in place we should try to bring up
>> a working online update service. I think it would be very useful for our
>> upcoming release to promote it to our users. A basic version should be
>> enough for now to simply inform our users.
>>
>> Any volunteers to drive this forward?
>>
>> Juergen
>>

> Juergen--
>
> I would not exactly sayy I am volunteering, but I do have some questions
> about this. I looked at the spec that was posted on --
>
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Update_Notification_Protocol#Request
>
> specifically, the "Update Document and Feeds" portion. Looking at just the
> "simplest possible reply". This, to me, implies that we should have
> <inst...> entries for all conceivable platforms etc.  Does anyone know how
> this "feed" file was generated in the past?
>
> Conceivably we could of course use "cron" and perl to generate the feed
> file, and use it as the URL, but where to get the needed info??? I'll see
> if I can contact one of the former distribution folks on this. I've spent
> some time thinking about it, but that's as far as I got.

Hi Kay,

When you finally understand how to create this file then I think we should put it in a new
directory on the website so that it can be found at www.openoffice.org/updates/check.html.
With that we have Infra point the old url to the new one. One less address hooked to Oracle.

Regards,
Dave