incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From rjaas...@saunalahti.fi
Subject Rebuild localisation (Finnish)
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2012 10:13:59 GMT
Hello from Finland!

I am Risto Jääskeläinen (aka ristoi) and I have translated OpenOfficeorg help contents
to Finnish up to version 3.3. Now I am keen to start with Apache OpenOffice.

Current it seems that most of the active Finnish localisation team went to LibreOffice.  So
there is work to do:

1) WWW-page is quite ugly after Apache upgrade (needs a committer?)
2) OpenOffice.org 3.3 translation needs to move to Pootle (I too have all .po-files in my
hard disk if that matter)
3) Translation update to 3.4 level
4) Lot of other things

I like to start from number 1 but I think I have no committer authority and don't know anybody
else with language skils. So I think I need this privilege.  I have no hurry but I like to
know when it is time to start this second class localisation.

Below is clip from post where is some information.

Sorry my language. I only translate from English to Finnish not vice versa and Firefox of
mine is not co-operative (-;

Regards
Risto

----------------------------
Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net>
Vastaanottaja 	ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Lähetetty 	26.2.2012 18:57:58
Aihe 	Re: Article to be approved for list dev
Viesti 	Hi Louis,

All committers have write access to all of both www.openoffice.org and the podling site. Simply
use the Apache CMS with your apache.org credentials. You navigate to the page and then invoke
the CMS through the bookmarklet. See this page for a guide. [1]

Legacy OOo project archives are available here. [2] Swedish mailing lists are here. [3]

If anyone is interested in maintaining the sv.openoffice.org, even if it is simply translations
for some pages as redo in English. Please raise your hand.

Regards,
Dave

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/website-local.html
[2] http://openoffice.org/projects/