incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject Re: AOO-3.4 Test on Ubuntu 12.04 Alpha/beta
Date Wed, 29 Feb 2012 18:04:36 GMT
On Wed, 29 Feb 2012 12:57:11 -0500
Wolf Halton <wolf.halton@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have started a test on Ubuntu 12.04
> I am an alpha-tester for Ubuntu and usually have a VM or 3
> running with the developer's snapshot of Ubuntu.
> I put 3.4 on one of these boxes and have done manual installs
> of the pieces.
>
> The default LibreOffice interferes with my AOO install

It was the case that the Ubuntu distro of OpenOffice.org had to
be completely removed before Oracle OpenOffice.org would run.
I'm not sure if this applies to LibreOffice, but just in case I
zapped it completely before installing Oracle OpenOffice.org on
the more recent Ubuntus.  It was also sometimes the case that the
newly installed OOOo would crash on first run, which could be
cured by deleteing the (default) User Profile.  I don't know if
any of this will be of use to you, but it may suggest a path to
follow.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>