incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ariel Constenla-Haile <arie...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AW: Unable to install AOO on a clean Windows XP
Date Wed, 29 Feb 2012 10:19:21 GMT
On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 08:50:31AM +0100, J├╝rgen Schmidt wrote:
> On 2/28/12 8:30 PM, Hans Zybura wrote:
> >Like Oliver, I tried the same file now
> >
> >http://people.apache.org/~orw/DevSnapshots-Rev.1293550/win32/OOo_3.4.0_Win_x
> >86_install_en-US.exe
> >
> >on a clean English win xp professional sp3 vm and I'm still getting
> >
> >"Error: An error occurred during registration of extensions!" at the end of
> >the installation process.
> >
> >Both with installation option "install for all users" and "only for me".
> >
> >With the error message still open, i.e. installation not rolled back yet,
> >there are no files in standard path
> >
> >C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 3\share\extensions
> >
> >except for "package.txt"
>
> It is really strange, I had the chance to install it on a Win XP box
> with SP3 and where no office was installed before.
>
> Everything works as expected ...
>
> We need somebody with Win XP and a debugger and who is able to
> create at least a stacktrace

not that I'm taking the task here (I'm not building on Win right now),
but I wonder how do you debug this? Do you have to attach the msiexec,
the installer, ...?

Google found some pointers:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/223300
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/piyush/archive/2007/04/29/debugging-windows-installer-msi-using-visual-studio-2005.aspx