incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Maho NAKATA <m...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Build broken on FreeBSD.
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2012 22:50:22 GMT
Hi Pedro,

I have just committed a fix.
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/editors/openoffice-3-devel/files/patch-apr
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/editors/openoffice-3-devel/files/patch-aprutil
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/editors/openoffice-3-devel/files/patch-scp2
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/editors/openoffice-3-devel/files/patch-serf

In your case, somehow your build system picked up system apr aprutil and serf,
then build proceeded, finally build was broken.

* to deliver to solver correctly we must modify prj/d.lst in apr, aprutil and serf.
* to make installation set, we must add in scp2.

thanks
 Nakata Maho

From: Pedro Giffuni <pfg@apache.org>
Subject: Re: Build broken on FreeBSD.
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 21:16:41 -0500

> Hello Maho;
> 
> 
> On 02/26/12 20:24, Maho NAKATA wrote:
>> Hi Pedro,
>>
>> From: Pedro Giffuni<pfg@apache.org>
>> Subject: Re: Build broken on FreeBSD.
>> Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2012 17:37:49 -0500
>>
>>> Hi Maho;
>>>
>>> On 02/25/12 16:35, Maho NAKATA wrote:
>>>> Hi Pedro
>>>>
>>>>> The naming scheme is completely inappropriate for FreeBSD:
>>>> I think this is right, but again, this is libtool (version numbering
>>>> scheme difference between Linux and FreeBSD). Patching agianist
>>>> ltmain.sh would solve that type of problem.
>>> I haven't had time to investigate it but I think the problem lies in
>>> those version.mk files. OpenOffice simply imposes ignores libedit
>>> and the native build system and tries to impose the linux
>>> numbering everywhere.
>> yes. in scp2 project we speficy the version number for shared lib.
>>
>> quoting from scp2/source/ooo/file_library_ooo.scp for example as
>> follows:
>>
>> File gid_File_Lib_Serf
>>      #ifdef WNT
>>          Name = SPECIAL_NAME(serf);
>>      #else
>>          // Looks like the major version number is part of the name, not
>>          // part of the suffix.  An error?
>>          #ifdef MACOSX
>>              Name =
>>              STRING(CONCAT6(libserf-1,.0.,SERF_MINOR,.,SERF_MICRO,UNXSUFFIX));
>>          #else
>>              Name =
>>              STRING(CONCAT6(libserf-1,UNXSUFFIX,.0.,SERF_MINOR,.,SERF_MICRO));
>>          #endif
>>      #endif
>>      PACKED_LIB_FILE_BODY;
>> End
>> . There are a lot of such kind of things. So we must compromise.
>> if we change version number in scp2, we have to take care of all
>> stuffs.
>> if we change version number in each internal library, we usually have
>> to
>> patch ltmail.sh
> Nice find, thank you.
> 
> I think I prefer the first option: the sysv/linux versioning doesn't
> really fit for FreeBSD and I expect we will be using the
> prepackaged version of apr and serf as soon as that option is
> available.
> 
> Patching ltmain.sh is something we can probably manage for
> coinmp but if we have to do the same for apr, serf, and whatever
> new library IBM or someone else brings in the future I don't think
> that will scale well.
> 
> Pedro.
> 
>>>> Could you please tell me which svn revision and configure line...
>>> I am using your port but with Revision 1293349, but any post-neon
>>> replacement should exhibit the same error.
>>>
>>> Pedro.
>>>
>>>> From: Pedro Giffuni<pfg@apache.org>
>>>> Subject: Build broken on FreeBSD.
>>>> Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 12:53:16 -0500
>>>>
>>>>> Hi;
>>>>>
>>>>> Just FYI
>>>>> ______
>>>>> ...
>>>>> ... analyzing files ...
>>>>> ERROR: The following files could not be found:
>>>>> ERROR: File not found: libapr-1.so.0.4.5
>>>>> ERROR: File not found: libaprutil-1.so.0.4.1
>>>>> ERROR: File not found: libserf-1.so.0.0.0
>>>>> ... cleaning the output tree ...
>>>>> ... removing directory /tmp/ooopackaging/i_713701330104152 ...
>>>>> ...
>>>>> ___________
>>>>>
>>>>> The naming scheme is completely inappropriate for FreeBSD:
>>>>>
>>>>> ls /usr/local/lib/libapr*
>>>>> /usr/local/lib/libapr-1.a        /usr/local/lib/libaprutil-1.a
>>>>> /usr/local/lib/libapr-1.la       /usr/local/lib/libaprutil-1.la
>>>>> /usr/local/lib/libapr-1.so       /usr/local/lib/libaprutil-1.so
>>>>> /usr/local/lib/libapr-1.so.4     /usr/local/lib/libaprutil-1.so.3
>>>>>
>>>>> cheers,
>>>>>
>>>>> Pedro.
>>>>>
> 

Mime
View raw message