incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Maho NAKATA <cha...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Build broken on FreeBSD.
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2012 03:18:54 GMT
From: Pedro Giffuni <pfg@apache.org>
Subject: Re: Build broken on FreeBSD.
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 21:16:41 -0500

> I think I prefer the first option: the sysv/linux versioning doesn't
> really fit for FreeBSD and I expect we will be using the
> prepackaged version of apr and serf as soon as that option is
> available.
>
> Patching ltmain.sh is something we can probably manage for
> coinmp but if we have to do the same for apr, serf, and whatever
> new library IBM or someone else brings in the future I don't think
> that will scale well.

No, both doesn't scale, and I prefer patching ltmain.sh.
In the former solution, we have to patch files in scp2
almost everywhere and introduce additioan IF DEF for each shared lib.
We also patch prj/d.lst as well. This is much more tedious than expected.

I understand Linux style versioning won't fit for FreeBSD,
but if you don't like it, just use external libs.

Thanks
-- Nakata Maho http://accc.riken.jp/maho/ , JA OOO http://ja.openoffice.org/
http://blog.goo.ne.jp/nakatamaho/ ,GPG: http://accc.riken.jp/maho/maho.pgp.txt