incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ariel Constenla-Haile <arie...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [EXT] JFrame with OO as parent
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2012 01:10:12 GMT
Hi Fabian,

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 02:59:09PM +0100, fabian wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I searching for a way to set the OO mainframe as parent to a Java
> swing dialog.  By now I don't think this is possible and only
> workarounds can be used to at least disable all functionality of the
> OO in the background while a JFrame is running.
>
> But does someone know better and can correct me?

AFAIK the best integration you can achieve is by "embedding" the Swing
components inside a UNO dialog. A rather complex subject to explain in
a mail. You can try this extension (only tested in Linux and Windows
XP): http://people.apache.org/~arielch/api/SwingUnoDemo/SwingUnoDemo.oxt

It gets the modality and integration in AOO by executing a Uno AWT
dialog, and by means of some system dependent stuff (wrapped in AOO API,
you don't have to mess with that) it uses a Swing JPanel with other
Swing components inside.

I only tested this on Linux/Windows XP, it may not work in other OSs.
Source code (a Netbeans project):
http://people.apache.org/~arielch/api/SwingUnoDemo/SwingUnoDemo.zip

Regards
--