incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ariel Constenla-Haile <arie...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Problem]How to build AOO Dev Snapshot?
Date Sat, 04 Feb 2012 17:37:26 GMT
On Sat, Feb 04, 2012 at 10:30:48AM -0300, Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
> Hi L'oiseau de mer, Jürgen,
>
> On Sat, Feb 04, 2012 at 01:47:20PM +0100, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
> > On 2/4/12 1:03 PM, L'oiseau de mer wrote:
> > >I have noticed this webpage :
> > >https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+3.4+Unofficial+Developer+Snapshots
> > >
> > >There has three platform's snapshot build parametres and methods.
> > >But i still not know where is necessary parametres and files for
> > >building AOO developer snapshot version.
> > >I want to ask that what is the different between normal installation
> > >sets and developer snapshot?
> > >Thanks.
> >
> > the developer snapshots are build as a special step in module
> > instsetoo_native.
> >
> > For example:
> > - move in instsetoo_native/util
> > - build --all
> > - dmake openofficedev or openofficedev_en-US, openofficedev_fr, ...
>
> Notice that the first step, build --all will build full install sets for
> every language specified in WITH_LANG.
> You will find in
> main/instsetoo_native/<unxlngi6.pro>/OpenOffice/<deb>/install/
> a <lang> and <lang>_download folder for every language.
>
> This is rather time/space consuming and not needed at all, so I prefer
> using the pack.lst approach, see the patch in the Linux build flags.
>
> Editing pack.lst you can tell the build process to build only the
> targets you desire with buid --all, with no further step.
>
> I didn't find a way to tell the build process to use some custom
> pack.lst, so you have to modify the one in
> main/instsetoo_native/util/pack.lst, not a good idea because this file
> is under version control... I'll see if there is a way to modify
> main/solenv/bin/modules/packager/check.pm sub check_packlist so that it
> tries to use first some custom pack.lst stored in some env. variable.

I added yet another configure switch:

--with-packager-list=<PATH TO PACKAGER LIST>

when set, and the file exists, it exports

CUSTOM_PACK_LIST=<PATH TO PACKAGER LIST> used in
main/solenv/bin/modules/packager/check.pm sub check_packlist to use an
alternative pack.lst

USE_PACKAGER=YES needed in main/instsetoo_native/util/makefile.mk to
run the updatepack target

The patch
http://people.apache.org/~arielch/patches/custom-pack-list.diff
The pack list used to build DevSnapshots
http://people.apache.org/~arielch/patches/aoo-dev-pack.lst

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile