incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ariel Constenla-Haile <arie...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Problem]How to build AOO Dev Snapshot?
Date Sat, 04 Feb 2012 13:30:48 GMT
Hi L'oiseau de mer, Jürgen,

On Sat, Feb 04, 2012 at 01:47:20PM +0100, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
> On 2/4/12 1:03 PM, L'oiseau de mer wrote:
> >I have noticed this webpage :
> >https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+3.4+Unofficial+Developer+Snapshots
> >
> >There has three platform's snapshot build parametres and methods.
> >But i still not know where is necessary parametres and files for
> >building AOO developer snapshot version.
> >I want to ask that what is the different between normal installation
> >sets and developer snapshot?
> >Thanks.
>
> the developer snapshots are build as a special step in module
> instsetoo_native.
>
> For example:
> - move in instsetoo_native/util
> - build --all
> - dmake openofficedev or openofficedev_en-US, openofficedev_fr, ...

Notice that the first step, build --all will build full install sets for
every language specified in WITH_LANG.
You will find in
main/instsetoo_native/<unxlngi6.pro>/OpenOffice/<deb>/install/
a <lang> and <lang>_download folder for every language.

This is rather time/space consuming and not needed at all, so I prefer
using the pack.lst approach, see the patch in the Linux build flags.

Editing pack.lst you can tell the build process to build only the
targets you desire with buid --all, with no further step.

I didn't find a way to tell the build process to use some custom
pack.lst, so you have to modify the one in
main/instsetoo_native/util/pack.lst, not a good idea because this file
is under version control... I'll see if there is a way to modify
main/solenv/bin/modules/packager/check.pm sub check_packlist so that it
tries to use first some custom pack.lst stored in some env. variable.

For now you can try this patch to build on solaris
http://people.apache.org/~arielch/patches/instsetoo_native-solaris-build.diff
Just apply the patch, and build as usual with build --all in
instsetoo_native. The key is in the pack.lst, it only specifies to build
what's needed:

# Product                   List_of_platforms             List_of_languages
     Target

OpenOffice_Dev              unxsoli4.pro,unxsols4.pro    en-US
    openofficedev
OpenOffice_Dev_multilang    unxsoli4.pro,unxsols4.pro    en-US,de,es,fr,it,ja,nl,pt-BR,zh-CN
 openofficedev
OpenOffice_Dev_SDK          unxsoli4.pro,unxsols4.pro    en-US
    sdkoodev
OpenOfficeDevLanguagepack   unxsoli4.pro,unxsols4.pro    de|es|fr|it|ja|nl|pt-BR|zh-CN
    ooodevlanguagepack

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile