incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Draft blog post on FreeBSD port of AOO
Date Wed, 29 Feb 2012 01:51:20 GMT

--- Mar 28/2/12, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> ha scritto:

> OK.  I made another pass at editing the blog post,
> cleaning up the flow and consistency.

Thanks.

> One thing I was uncertain of. Do you really want users to
> report bugs directly to you and Naho?  Wouldn't it make
> more sense to send them to BZ or to a mailing list?
> From a community development perspective?

My recent "BSD build broken" report shows that ooo-dev
is not in capacity to react rapidly to BSD bug reports.

At this stage it's better to filter bugs through the
office@FreeBSD mailing list: no FreeBSD release yet
carries Apache OpenOffice and not all the patches we
use are in Apache yet for technical reasons.

After the gnumake4 merge we will reevaluate the
remaining patches and then we will likely point
people to the Apache bugzilla.

Pedro.